Getting assistance

Your unit

If you have questions about the academic content of your unit, you should contact the teaching staff or unit coordinator for the unit. Check the forums in your unit first in case your enquiry has already been answered. Check your unit material to see if there is a preferred method of contact for the unit staff.

If you have administrative enquiries about your unit or course, you can contact UNE administrative staff directly via AskUNE. Some teaching areas have administrative staff to assist students for enquiries specific to a unit. They can also be contacted using AskUNE. They may have phone and fax contact. Refer to the unit information to determine if this is available for your unit.


IT help

The IT Services for Students page has information relevant for students. If you have difficulties accessing your online unit you can contact the ITD Service Desk on +61 (2) 6773 5000, toll-free 1800 763 04002, email or in person at the Dixson Library Service Desk, Level 2 Dixson Library (C31) for advice and assistance. If you have questions about the unit content or assessment, you should contact the unit coordinator or teaching staff for your unit.


Learning support

Advice on writing

First year external students can get advice on writing and study skills by enrolling in the First year academic skills support moodle unit.

Academic Skill

The Academic Skills Office (ASO) is UNE's learning support unit. The ASO has a wealth of print and online resources to help you with your academic study skills development or problems.


UNE currently provides free access to Studiosity, an online academic support service to complement the services available to students through the Academic Skills Office, First Year Advisors and college and school based peer support. Studiosity is a third party provider specialising in providing online academic support for students. Studiosity is free for all UNE students.

Find out more about Studiosity or Connect to Studiosity now.


Other support

Other support services are available to assist you throughout the course of your studies. Some of these services are outlined below. The full range of support services is available at the Current Students page.

Student services

Student services include the Wellness Centre and accessibility support, counselling, and career development.

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students

The Oorala Aboriginal Centre is a study support and advisory centre for internal and external Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students at UNE.

International students

UNE International provides support for international students and provides a link between the administrative and academic functions at UNE.


Still confused?

If you can’t find the right person to talk and need a little bit of support with your university experience, contact the Student Support Team and you'll be sent in the right direction.

Contact Student Support via email or via the Student Connect hotline on 02 6773 2000. We are keen to make sure that you get the support you need.