School of Education Information Book
Carrying Forward of Marks and Advanced standing
Carrying Forward of Marks
Credit may be granted for assessment tasks or professional experience where the assessment tasks or professional experience on which an application is based are deemed equivalent to the assessment tasks or professional experience for which the partial credit is sought. This is subject to the conditions set out below:
- It is the responsibility of the Unit Coordinator (for academic assessment tasks) or the Manager, Professional Experience Office (for professional experience placements), to determine if credit will be granted for any component of a unit.
- Credit for academic assessment tasks completed in a unit will normally only be considered for work previously assessed at a Credit or higher level (65% or above). Pass level achievement in assessment tasks will not normally be considered.
- Credit will not normally be carried forward if the completed assessment task is more than 12 months old.
You may apply for Carrying Forward of Marks by completing the online form, available here: https://askune.custhelp.com/app/forms/carrying_forward_marks
- Credit will not be granted for any assessment tasks theory component completed more than ten years prior to the date of application.
- Credit will not be granted for any professional experience completed more than five years prior to the date of application.
- Credit will not normally be granted for any professional experience completed in overseas schools. For further information, see the Office for Professional Learning webpage.
- Credit will not be granted for any professional experience completed in overseas early childhood services.
- Calculating grades for units for which advanced standing has been granted:
- Where credit is granted for the professional experience component of a unit, the mark awarded is based on the student's performance in academic assessment tasks;
- Where credit is granted for the academic component of a unit, the mark awarded is based on that previously achieved in the unit on which the advanced standing is based, where this is verifiable from the academic record. In the event of a grade only (e.g. Credit) being verifiable for the unit on which the advanced standing is based, the student shall be awarded the median mark for that grade;
- Where credit is granted for the academic component of a unit, based on two or more units, the mark awarded shall be based on the average of the units on which the advanced standing is based. In the event of the grades only (e.g. Credit, and Distinction) being verifiable for the units on which the advanced standing is based, the mark awarded shall be the average of the median marks for each grade.
|High Distinction 85-100%, median 92%|
|Distinction 75-84%, median 79%|
|Credit 65-74%, median 69%|
|Pass 50-64%, median 57%|
To complete the form for pre-approved Advanced Standing, see https://www.une.edu.au/about-une/faculty-of-humanities-arts-social-sciences-and-education/school-of-education/current-students/forms-and-documents/partial-credit-application