Moodle 3.1 upgrade
At the beginning of Trimester 1, UNE will upgrade Moodle to version 3.1. There are minimal changes for students and the key ones are outlined below, with links to more information.
- Changes to profile display and editing options for profiles, preferences and badges. This is explained on the Update your profile page.
- Badge management options are the same but accessing these settings moves to the Profile drop down menu.
- A Grades link is also included in the Profile drop down menu (it remains in the Administration block as well). See the Update your profile page for more information.
- Quizzes display a bit differently in terms of styles and colours in navigation block and some wording varies – this is very minor. See the instructional material on the Completing and reviewing quizzes
- Forum preferences are accessed through Preferences link in drop down rather than ‘edit profile’.
- Able to subscribe to discussion topic within a forum.
- Forums have navigation options within a discussion topic (to previous/ next topic in forum).
Refer to the Forums page for information on the changes to preferences, subscription and navigation.