Echo360 Active Learning Platform Mobile Apps
Echo360 Active Learning Platform can be accessed on tablets and mobile devices either through a browser or via an Echo360 Mobile App.
Note: To access your lecture resources through the app, you must first access Echo360 Active Learning Platform through Moodle. This sets up your login and links your unit(s) for you. You can then log in to the app using your UNE username and password.
Echo360 has developed mobile applications that allow students to view classes, including both videos and presentations.
The Android app is supported on Android 4.1 and higher. It is available from the Google Play store:
The iOS app is supported on iOS 9.1 or later. It is available from the iTunes App store:
The Windows Mobile app is supported on Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile devices, as well as on XBox One. It is available from the Windows App store:
While the interfaces between the apps differs slightly, the functionality and basic navigation as described below are the same.
See Using the Echo360 Mobile App for instructions.
Using the Mobile Apps
While the Echo360 Mobile apps provide both video and presentation viewing capabilities, and allow students to interact with the in-class activity slides, there are some limitations. The mobile apps are not designed to replace the full capabilities of Echo360 as provided through a browser.
The Echo360 mobile apps provide access to the following functionality:
- nits by teaching period
- View lectures for each unit
- View video media published for a lecture. See 'Viewing content through the Echo360 App' on the Echo Online Help site for more information.
Once the video is playing in the app, you can turn off your mobile device display and continue listening to the audio feed of the video.
- View and interact with presentation media published to a class, including answering activity questions
- Post discussion points or questions and responses
- Mark a slide or video location as confusing (click the confusion flag at the top of the viewer).
- Download video media for offline viewing
There are also some limitations to the app that you need to know about. These include:
- Notes and bookmarking are not available through the apps.
- Student Analytics are not captured for media views through the apps. If your coordinator uses media views for engagement assessment, be sure to also view class media using a browser. And yes, the browser on your mobile device counts.
- You cannot switch institutions once you are logged in. If you need to connect to a different institution, log out and log back in.