A 'Similarity' link and score is not displaying
If the similarity link is not displaying for you on the assignments page it usually means that Turnitin was not able to process the file that you uploaded for some reason.
- Your draft file must be less than 10MB
- Your draft file must contain more than 100 words of selectable text
- Selectable text in your file must be readable if you copy and paste it to a text editor
If your draft file meets these criteria then try renaming the file and save the change to trigger a re-send, in case it was just a technical problem with the system.
The following list should help you troubleshoot problems with your file if it does not meet the criteria:
- Make the file smaller by using a free online PDF converter to compress the file size (e.g., smallpdf.com)
- Your draft file doesn't need to contain images for the purpose of originality checking. It only needs the text. Images can make the file too big, so try making a copy, removing the images and uploading the copy.
- Make sure the sizes of image files you used are very small (less than 300Kb) before inserting into your document. You can use free online converters to further reduce the size of image files before inserting into your document.
- Do not scan your document to PDF. It needs to be saved to PDF or use a free online converter to convert your original to PDF (see this page for options).
- If the selectable text in your PDF copies to a text editor as unreadable gibberish, then use an online converter to convert the file instead of saving to PDF (this is a known issue with Word on Mac when saving to PDF)
Problems Accessing Your Marked Assignment in Grademark
The most likely problem you might encounter accessing your marked file in Grademark is an error telling you that it is not available. The most likely cause is that the Unit Coordinator hasn't completely finished with marking and has not yet changed the assignment setting that allows students to see their Grademark Report. In that case the report should be made available to you after marking is completed and all grades are ready to be posted.
However, if your Unit Coordinator has indicated that you should be able to see your Grademark report, then ask the Coordinator to please check the assignment setting in case it has been overlooked. You can contact IT Service Desk on +61-2-6773-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance if there appears to be some confusion over it.
If you need assistance with the self-check you can contact the ITD Service Desk on 1800 763 040, 02 6773 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org